VALLEY RD SURGERY PATIENTS’ GROUP (PG)
What is the Patients’ Group?
The purpose of the Valley Road Patients’ Group is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to its patients’ needs.
The PG has a steering group which currently consists of 12 members who are all registered patients at the practice and meets at least four times a year. We have a PG Chair and Vice Chair and up to three members of the PG attend the Lambeth Patient Participation Group Networking Meetings and link with PPG members from other practices. The 12 members are broadly representative of our patient population although it would be helpful to have some younger members.
We are affliated to the Lambeth Patient Participation Group Network which is the umbrella organisation for Patient Participation Groups within Lambeth primary care.
Steering Group members
What is the purpose of the Valley Rd Patients’ Group
- Bring a sense of partnership between the Practice and patients
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed and influence those services.
- Support the practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health and well-being, including providing constructive two way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests. This may include working with the practice to develop projects to address specific issues.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
- Collect patients’ opinions and experiences in consultation with the practice to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Take part in the Lambeth Patient Participation Group Network, sharing information on issues raised by the Valley Road Patients’ Group with the network and bringing information back to the Patients’ Group.
Suggestions for discussion by the Patient Group
If you would like to raise an issue with the Patient Group, please email email@example.com
Further information for services available from Lambeth Age UK is available from www.ageuk.org.uk/lambeth
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.